Vegan Pad Thai. The vegan Pad Thai sauce I used for this dish is super simple. All you have to do is combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Then you just add it to the cooked vegetables, rice noodles, and baked tofu cubes.
Pad Thai (or Phad Thai) has been one of my favourite dishes for a while now. Apparently, it's also one of the most popular Thai dishes outside Thailand so I'm hoping this simple recipe will be a welcome addition to the blog. This recipe for Pad Thai is a take of a traditional Pad Thai recipe from Thailand. You can cook Vegan Pad Thai using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Pad Thai
- Prepare 120 gram of Rice noodles.
- Prepare 60 gram of Beansprouts.
- Prepare 45 gram of Spring onion-thinly sliced.
- It’s 25 gram of Salt Peanut-chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic-finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Rapeseed oil.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoon of Vegan Pad Thai sauce.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Chilli flake.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
Traditionally, Pad Thai is not vegan since it's made using fish sauce, eggs, and often times in Thailand even find dried shrimp. Luckily for us, Pad Thai is easy to make vegan! The main replacement is to use soy sauce in place of fish sauce. Vegan Pad Thai with Vegetable Noodles and Crispy Tofu.
Vegan Pad Thai step by step
- Cook the rice noodles according to an instruction on the package. Drain the water..
- Gently fry the chopped garlic in the rapeseed oil, until it turns slightly golden brown in colour..
- Add the Pad Thai sauce in the pan to heat the sauce quickly. Then add the cooked noodles. Stir until the ingredients mixed well..
- In goes the beansprouts, spring onion, chilli flake and a pinch of salt. Stir for further 1 minutes..
- Transfer it on the serving plate and serve this super speedy Pad Thai immediately..
I've added many colorful vegetables to my vegan pad thai recipe, such as zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, and red bell pepper. Instead of meat and fish, I chose crispy tofu which makes this dish protein-rich. Of course, you can also prepare the Pad Thai without tofu and use other kinds of. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse well and drain again.