Burmese vegan tofu stir fried. Sub crispy tofu for the chicken and keep it vegan! A few girlfriends and I went to San Fransisco on a little weekend getaway. Being the amazing food city it is….we pretty much ate the.
Burmese tofu, also known as Shan Tofu or Chickpea Tofu, is a soy-free, gluten-free food made from chickpea flour, water, salt and turmeric. While it can stand in for regular soy tofu in some recipes, Burmese Tofu is really it's own thing. Made in a similar way to polenta, chickpea tofu is firm enough. You can have Burmese vegan tofu stir fried using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Burmese vegan tofu stir fried
- It’s 1/2 cup of besan.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 7-8 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Onion salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Corn flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
Serve these Burmese-inspired fritters with a garlic dipping sauce as a starter, canapé or simple snack. Drain the tofu fritters on plenty of kitchen paper and serve with the garlic. A Vegan and Vegetarian Blogging Extravaganza. Tofu stir-fries make a great vegetarian and vegan meal on busy weeknights and range from basic tofu and vegetables to Thai dishes with lemongrass.
Burmese vegan tofu stir fried step by step
- Mix turmeric and salt in besan..
- Add 1 cup water to besan and mix it nicely..
- Boil rest water in sauce pan and add the besan mix..
- Stir it continuously till it starts forming thin paper consistency at the edges..
- Once cooked add it to a greased box or plate. Maintain thick consistency..
- Rest it for 2-3 hour and cut it into desired shapes..
- Mix onion salt to cornflour. Coat the tofu pieces with corn flour..
- In a pan add oil and garlic paste..
- Pan fry the cornflour coated tofu in the garlic oil. Garnish with sesame seeds..
- Serve it with schewan and red chilli sauce..
The tofu is stir-fried in garlic, then soy sauce, mushrooms, and Swiss chard are added and drizzled with a bit of sesame oil. This recipe for Tofu Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce is a filling vegetarian or vegan dish full of Thai flavors, perfect for a weeknight meal. All Reviews for Tofu Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce (Vegan). When eggplant is stir-fried with lots of garlic and coated with a glossy, savory sauce that I can spoon over a big bowl of steamed rice. For the stir-fry: Line a large plate with two layers of paper towels.