Varan bhaat maharshtrian recipe. Varan bhaat recipe – Maharashtrian varan recipe made from toor dal. It is very healthy, homey dish. Traditionally Maharashtrian Varan is made from toor or arhar dal.
But today I have made tempering to this traditional varan recipe to just perk up the flavors. Varan bhaat would read as lentil-rice where varan stands for "lentil curry or stew or dal" and bhaat means "steamed rice". There are many variations of making varan bhaat. You can cook Varan bhaat maharshtrian recipe using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Varan bhaat maharshtrian recipe
- It’s 1 cup of Arhar dal/tuvar dal/lentil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Gur/jaggery.
- You need 1 pinch of Asafoetida/hing.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 7-8 of Curry leaves.
- It’s of For the bhaat or steamed rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of Rice.
- It’s 2 cup of Water.
This recipe is a Maharashtrian recipe of making dal varan which was shared by my friend. Varan Bhaat Recipe is a simple and quick Goan/ Maharastrian staple of dal and rice that is typically made during festivals and other special occasions. Varan Bhaat is Maharashtrian Arhar Dal Chawal recipe as Varan means Dal and Bhaat means Chawal in Marathi. This is a simple yet delicious dal with a hint of coconut and jaggery.
Varan bhaat maharshtrian recipe step by step
- Wash arhar dal and pressure cook with turmeric powder,salt jaggery and two cup of water for 10 mins..
- Once cooled,open the lid and mash the dal..
- Heat oil in a pan..
- Add cumin seeds,asafoetida to crackle..
- Add curry leaves and red chilli powder and pour the tempering into the dal..
- Bhaat or steamed rice.
- Wash the rice and soak for half an hour..
- Pressure cook the rice with two cups of water.
- After three whistles switch off the flame..
- Serve the steamed rice with varan..
This Varan tastes excellent with rice (Bhaat). varan bhaat recipe Varan Bhaat is a famous Maharashtrian dish of steaming hot rice topped with ghee and lentil curry. The toovar dal is prepared in a simple and homely manner that will appeal to everybody. Onions, tomatoes, green chillies and spices add to the flavour to the toovar dal varan making it a perfect accompaniment to. Maharashtrian Varan Bhaat Recipe A quintessential Maharashtrian thali will have a serving of varan bhaat for sure.