Mash Potato Cakes. This recipe for Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes is the perfect use for leftover mashed potatoes! Everyone raves about these potato pancakes and beg for more! Give mashed potato leftovers a second chance by frying them into this recipe for crispy Mashed Potato Cakes from Food Network.
Easy leftover mashed potato cakes from Food.com. I searched the internet for a recipe to use up some left over mashed potatoes. This is what I found and made. You can have Mash Potato Cakes using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mash Potato Cakes
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of medium green onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need of Vegan? Sub butter and eggs for flour and oil!.
Cheesy potato pancakes recipe – the best way to use up leftover mashed potatoes! Mashed Potato Pancakes are crispy outside and loaded with melty cheese! See more ideas about Food, Mashed potato cakes, Recipes. Mashed Potato Cakes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Mash Potato Cakes instructions
- Over medium heat cook the garlic and green onion until translucent.
- Add to the potato and add melted butter.
- Scoop up about 1/4 of the potato mixture and form it into a ball. Place it into a hot pan, flattening it out until it about 1/2 – 1/3" thick..
- Fry for about 3 min on each side until they are lightly golden brown..
- For best result, serve immidiatly, while hot and crispy..
- Top with green onions, sour cream or ketchup..
These Parmesan Mashed Potato Cakes are so addictive! A crunchy, cheesy crust is hiding the soft, velvety mashed potato filling. They make a perfect side dish or a filling vegetarian meal. Sure, mashed potatoes are good enough. Making these cakes with leftover mashed potatoes proved to be a nonstarter—the butter and cream in the leftovers made the cakes mushy.