Vegan Simmered Chinese Cabbage and Turnip. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Stir in cubed turnip and stir to coat.
Crispy tofu: Cut the tofu into dominoes and press between paper towels or dish cloth. Season with salt and garlic powder (or garlic salt). For a quick version of sauerkraut, try cabbage simmered in white wine, with onion and herbs. You can have Vegan Simmered Chinese Cabbage and Turnip using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Simmered Chinese Cabbage and Turnip
- It’s 4 of leaves Chinese cabbage.
- You need 1 of Turnip (or daikon radish).
- Prepare 1 of Aburaage.
- You need 2 tbsp of White soy sauce (or dark).
- You need 2 tbsp of Beet sugar (or regular sugar).
- You need 1 of Ichimi spice (optional).
The acidity of this side dish pairs beautifully with the unctuousness of roast pork. Despite its rich, velvety texture, this recipe for vegan curried carrot and turnip soup is dairy-free. Its creaminess is achieved by puréeing the cooked vegetables. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil.
Vegan Simmered Chinese Cabbage and Turnip instructions
- Remove the core of the Chinese cabbage from the leaves. Chop into pieces (about 4 x 3 cm in size)..
- Peel the turnip and cut into long, thick strips. Cut the fried tofu into the same size..
- Put the Chinese cabbage core, turnip, fried tofu, and Chinese cabbage leaves into a pot, in that order..
- Add in the beet sugar and white soy sauce, cover with a lid, turn the heat to low, and let it be for 20 minutes. Then it's done!.
- You can change it up by adding leftover white sauce!..
Take the cabbage leaves from the colander and add them to the simmering water along with the cabbage-wrapped bacon packet. Put the lid on the pot and turn the burner down to medium. Add the water, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and pepper. While soup is simmering, prepare tofu. Remove excess water and slice tofu into three large slabs.