Easy Caramelized Onion Tart. Top puff pastry with tangy mustard, onions and Parmesan cheese for a light vegetarian lunch or party buffet nibble. Spread the mustard over the base of the tart and pile on the onions, spreading them out to meet the edge. Mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and thyme leaves together, and sprinkle this.
Crispy savory tart made with puff pastry, caramelized onions, and gorgonzola and brie cheeses. The evening was a blast, the votes were tallied, and the winning dish? Or pizza as it was called, brought by Ann's friends Jeff and Marilyn. You can cook Easy Caramelized Onion Tart using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Caramelized Onion Tart
- Prepare of Crust.
- You need 250 g of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 80 ml of olive oil (or 40ml olive oil + 40ml vegetable oil).
- You need 100 ml of warm water.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 6 of big onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 30 g of margarine or vegan butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of red wine vinegar (optional).
- Prepare of (to taste) salt, pepper, thyme.
Homemade caramelized onion tart made with red onions, leek, and other healthy ingredients. This onion pie is called "Zwiebelkuchen" in Germany and it's a traditional fall recipe. The dish is vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, easy to make, flavorful, and delicious. Cookbook Author and Food Blogger Erin Gleeson of The Forest Feast demos how to make an easy Caramelized Onion Tart.
Easy Caramelized Onion Tart step by step
- For the crust: combine all ingredients in a Tupperware container. Close the lid and shake it vigorously until dough comes together. Press the ball of dough in a tart pan lined with baking paper. Pierce with a fork.
- For the filling: heat a small amount of oil in a wide pan over medium low heat. Add the onions and cook for around 20min, until jammy but not browned! Season to taste, add sugar, vinegar and butter.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake in a 180°C/350°F oven for 30min or until onions are caramelized and the crust is a bit golden. I bake this tart on the lower oven rack to prevent onions from burning.
Easy Caramelized Onion Tart Recipe made with ricotta cheese and puff pastry. This tart would make a great appetizer of main dish. Best of all, its very easy to pull together! There is something magical about caramelized onions. It reminds me of the stages of a caterpillar turning into a butterfly.