Vegan chocolate cake. This really is the best chocolate cake ever, vegan or otherwise. A simple vegan chocolate cake, made with basic ingredients and perfect for any occasion. This vegan cake is a good recipe to have on hand any time you need to make a basic chocolate cake.
Not only is it super easy to make, but I'm actually convinced it is flop proof! This may be the healthiest cake I've made, but you'd never know it by eating it. It's perfectly moist with a rich dark chocolate flavor that's made even richer with a thick. You can cook Vegan chocolate cake using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan chocolate cake
- Prepare 2 cups of spelt flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of cacao powder.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of plant-based milk eg hazelnut.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of coconut oil, melted.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
This easy to make gluten free chocolate cake might become your new favorite dessert because it's fudgy, moist, rich, and so chocolaty! While the cakes cool prepare the frosting. Add vegan butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla. This BEST vegan chocolate cake recipe is quick and easy with no unusual ingredients.
Vegan chocolate cake step by step
- Mix all the dry ingredients together..
- Mix all the wet ingredients – then add to the dry and whisk..
- Pour into the cake tin. Bake for ~50 mins: until you can put a cocktail stick in the centre and it comes out clean. Leave to cool..
- I added some chocolate-raspberry frosting… but the cake’s pretty moist so doesn’t really need it..
Hundreds of readers have loved this moist fluffy vegan chocolate cake. It's egg free and dairy free. Richard says: "A classic, two-layer vegan chocolate cake, sandwiched and topped with light, fluffy vegan chocolate buttercream. Make our easy vegan chocolate sponge for a special occasion using dairy substitutes. Put all of the other cake ingredients into a large bowl, pour over the milk mixture and beat well until smooth.