Vegan Tart Crust. This is an easy vegan pie crust recipe made with margarine and oil, instead of Crisco or solid shortening. And since it has just a tiny touch of sugar, this vegan pie crust recipe is indeed perfect for both savory pies and sweet dessert pies. The end result is perfectly flaky, crispy and golden.
The crust is almond and oat based and it adds a nice contrast to the soft, chocolaty truffle filling. How to make vegan pie crust. Add dry ingredients and shortening to the food processor *affiliate link and pulse until mixed. You can have Vegan Tart Crust using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Tart Crust
- Prepare 100 grams of Strong (bread) flour (if you don't have it all-purpose flour will do. Cake flour is ok as well, though it may result in a crumbly tart base).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of ※Check the amount of water (or soy milk) and baking time and adjust.
- Prepare 1 of for a crispier tart crust use 45 ml water, for a moist crust use 55 ml. the pictures shown here are of the "moist" version. Water (or soy milk).
Add shortening, pulse until the mixture looks crumbly/mealy. While continuing to pulse, slowly drizzle the ice water until the mixture forms a dough. How to make Vegan Lemon Tart. Check out this step-by-step guide first, and then find the full recipe with exact measurements at the bottom of this post!
Vegan Tart Crust instructions
- Add the strong bread flour and the olive oil to a bowl. Gently mix with a fork..
- When the mixture looks crumbly, as in the photo, add the water..
- Quickly mix and gather the mixture into a ball..
- Roll the dough from Step 3 out until roughly 3 mm thick. There's no need to let it rest for this recipe..
- As in the photo, you should see a faint marble pattern on the crust, one of the keys to the deliciousness of this crust..
- Mould the crust into the tart pan and remove the excess crust..
- Prick the crust several times with a fork to allow air to escape easily during baking..
- Bake the crust in an oven preheated to 200°C for 10-13 minutes (for a moist finish). If you want a crispier crust, reduce the baking time by 1-2 minutes but remember to keep an eye on it..
- While it's baking, take the crust out of the oven once and pierce any air bubbles with a fork..
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let cool. Then just fill it with whatever you like..
This recipe starts with the crust. Simply place the oats and nuts in a food processor or blender and process into a coarse flour. Then add the dates, syrup, and. This gluten-free tart crust recipe is a snap to make but it looks like a fancy bakery dessert and tastes like a buttery shortbread cookie. Make it with plant butter for an easily dairy-free and vegan tart crust.