Herby baked feta couscous. For the couscous-and-feta salad Place on a lightly greased baking tray. To make the couscous-and-feta salad, place the couscous in a large dish and cover with the hot chicken stock or water. The herbs and feta cheese in this dish make it inexpensive, simple and full of flavour!
Serve this salad warm or cold. You even swap or add your favorite fresh ingredients. Measure the couscous into a large heatproof bowl, pour over the hot stock, then cover with cling film. You can have Herby baked feta couscous using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Herby baked feta couscous
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 10-15 of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s of fresh sage and/ or rosemary.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 350 ml of veggie or vegan stock.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need of Zest of half a lemon – and the juice.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- You need of Pearl couscous – 2 servings.
- You need 150 g of feta, cut into small cubes – you can use grated parmesan instead.
Baking pearl couscous with chickpeas, roasted tomatoes and garlic results in a one-pan vegetarian meal that's cozy and very savory, especially if Lemon zest and fresh herbs make it bright, while feta, added at the end, gives the whole thing a creamy richness. Save leftovers to bring to work for lunch. We came to love a certain baked feta appetizer, prepared in different ways but always delicious: melty, gooey feta in a tomato sauce, sometimes with onions or red peppers, sprinkled with a few herbs. Couscous Feta Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Herby baked feta couscous step by step
- Preheat oven to 200C..
- Use a baking dish that has a lid. In the dish, put the oil, vinegar, garlic, tomatoes and a few sprigs of oregano and/ or rosemary. Season. Roast for about 15 mins until the tomatoes are tender..
- Make the stock and add the lemon zest and cumin..
- Take the dish with the tomatoes out of the oven. Add the stock, chickpeas and couscous. Put the lid on and cook for about 20 mins. The time will depend on the couscous/ pasta you use. Do check on it – if it starts to dry out, add more stock/ water but not so much that you end up with soup 😁.
- When the couscous is ready – tender and there’s no liquid left – take the dish out of the oven. Lift out the herb sprigs (not essential but i find it better to do at this stage.) Stir in most of the feta. And squeeze some lemon juice in. Put it back in the oven without the lid for 5 mins..
- Before serving, add some more herbs on top, some more feta and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic. Enjoy 😋.
A terrific side or satisfying lunch – and it keeps well for days! Leave to stand for a few minutes until all the Once the sausages are cooked, drizzle over the honey and toss to coat. Serve the sausages and veg with the couscous, harissa yogurt and a. When couscous is cool enough to handle, carefully spoon couscous mixture into pocket. Even out the stuffing by gently moving it around with your hands.