Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan). Great recipe for Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan). Good as an appetizer or a side dish. This is a hot, sour, and spicy dish.
It gets its name from the combination of hot, sour, and sweet flavors that are typically served with fish in its native Sichuan. Smoky eggplant is stir-fried until tender, then tossed with a quick sauce flavored with chilies, black vinegar, sugar, and ginger, and. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. You can cook Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan)
- Prepare 4 of Eggplant – small Japanese type.
- Prepare 100 grams of Lotus root (it's convenient if you use ready-made lotus root).
- You need 1 of knob ☆Ginger, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of ☆Chopped garlic.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ☆Soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of ☆Mirin.
- You need 3 tbsp of ☆Vinegar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of ☆Sugar (I used beet sugar).
- It’s 1 tsp of ☆Doubanjiang (as desired).
- It’s 5 tbsp of Oil.
Pour in the sauce, and cook and stir until the sauce is thick and the eggplant is evenly coated. Hot And Sour Soup at Lucky Creation Vegetarian Restaurant "As good as my favorite vegan place at the Buddhist temple of Ukiah. Had the clay pot eggplant, veggie bean thread. Wash the onion and cut into wedges, then separate the layers.
Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan) instructions
- Remove the eggplant stems, slice them into 1 cm rounds, sprinkle salt, and leave to rest for a while. Slice the lotus roots..
- Mix the ☆ sauce ingredients..
- Microwave the lotus root for a minute and add the sauce from Step 2 (flavor penetrates better if you warm it)..
- Wash off the salt from the eggplants and pat dry with paper towels..
- Heat oil in a frying pan or a pot, and cook the eggplant. It's more delicious if you add more oil, but it increases the calorie..
- When browned, combine with the lotus roots and mix..
- Serve on a plate and it's done! The on in the photo is garnished with mizuna greens. It's also delicious garnished with green onions..
Heat oil for deep frying, when oil hits smoking point, add eggplant in batches. When eggplant turns into golden brown drain them using a slotted spoon, and place them in kitchen towels to absorb excess oil. Lotus Root is not a common vegetable. As it is in the name, this is the root of lotus flower mainly used in Asian cuisine. It is used in soups, stir fries, deep fried, braised, pickled in hot and sour garlic chili sauce and also used in traditional herbal medicine.