Vegan Kabocha Squash & Lentil Curry. Check Out Kabocha Squash on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Kosher salt or sea salt to taste.
Add oil, salt and pepper and mix well with your hands until slices are coated. Pour onto baking sheet and adjust slices so they don't overlap/touch. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out kabocha wedges. You can have Vegan Kabocha Squash & Lentil Curry using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Kabocha Squash & Lentil Curry
- You need 1/4 of Kabocha squash.
- You need 200 ml of Lentils.
- It’s 400 ml of Clean water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Japanese dashi powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Curry powder (a ratio of 3 parts coriander to 2 parts cumin to 1 part turmeric and cinnamon).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 bunch of Greens (mulūkhīya).
Season with salt, cinnamon, sage, cayenne pepper and black pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Kabocha squash goes great in stews like Pinakbet and Ginataang Kalabasa, and soups like Nilaga. But preparing kabocha squash may not be as easy as cooking with it. Kabocha's skin could be tough even with a sharp knife.
Vegan Kabocha Squash & Lentil Curry step by step
- Use coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon for the curry powder. Mix beforehand in your desired combination and set aside to let the ingredients blend together..
- Boil the cut kabocha and lentis in the water and dashi. Once it comes to a boil, skim off any scum and reduce to low heat..
- After boiling for 10 minutes, add the curry powder, olive oil, and greens and mix. Once it comes to a boil again, it's ready to serve..
Luckily I've learned a more efficient way. Cookbook author Melissa Clark likes sweetening up slices of roasted winter squash, so she roasts them with maple syrup, olive oil, fresh ginger and thyme. Remove the pan from the oven and cool until the squash is easy to handle. If the stem of it is protruding, use a knife to carefully remove it. Slice the squash in half vertically, then scoop out the seeds and fiber using a spoon.