Vegan Agedashi Tofu 🌱.
You can have Vegan Agedashi Tofu 🌱 using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Agedashi Tofu 🌱
- You need of Silken or soft tofu.
- It’s of Potato starch.
- You need of Dashi.
- You need of Soy or ponzu (Yuzu, lemon or lime).
- Prepare of Spring onions (just the greens).
- It’s of Grated mooli or radish or grated ginger.
- It’s 1 pinch of Shichimi or seaweed.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Vegan Agedashi Tofu 🌱 instructions
- Gently drain the tofu and place on kitchen paper. You can’t press in the same way as you would a firmed tofu as it’s really delicate. Cut into cubes..
- Prepare the sauce by using a little dashi stock (you will need to prepare this in advance by soaking and lightly simmering the shiitake and seaweed) and boiling in a pan with soy sauce or ponzu and a few punches of sugar. The sauce will thicken slightly but don’t overcook. It should be served warm..
- Dip each side of the tofu square into the potato flour. Heat a little oil and gently fry on each side. It should colour but not brown..
- Sprinkle with your choice of toppings (you only need a tiny bit). I used spring onion, ginger and shichimi. I also like grated white radish (mooli) and sometimes use pink radish and seaweeds..