Chickpea and quinoa lunch bowl. Quinoa and chickpeas pack this vegetarian grain bowl with plenty of plant-based protein. Whip up a batch of these Mediterranean meals and pack in containers with lids to stash in the fridge for easy, healthy grab & go lunches all week long. Make-ahead vegan Moroccan lunch bowls with high protein chickpeas, quinoa, and sweet potato.
As I was brainstorming new recipes, I turned. To serve, divide quinoa, chickpeas and kale between serving bowls and top with tahini sauce. Add a splash of fresh lemon juice for more flavor and a bit of acidity (highly recommended). You can cook Chickpea and quinoa lunch bowl using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea and quinoa lunch bowl
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 can of chickpeas.
- Prepare Handful of raisins.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sweetcorn.
- It’s 400 ml of vegan stock.
- It’s 60 ml of quinoa.
Toss kale and chickpeas with quinoa. In a bowl, whisk tahini, yeast, and lemon juice. Drizzle tahini sauce over kale, chickpeas, and quinoa. Cool leftovers completely before storing in an airtight container in the fridge.
Chickpea and quinoa lunch bowl instructions
- Grind the spices if they’re not already. Discard the cardamom shells. Add to a pan and toast for a minute or two..
- Chop the onion and garlic and add to the pan with a little oil..
- Once the onion has started to soften add the chickpeas, raisins and sweetcorn..
- Add quinoa and stock and stir occasionally. Once the quinoa is cooked (most if not all the water will have been absorbed) serve immediately..
Mushrooms, chickpeas and peppers are low fat and low calorie. This makes this gluten free (vegan if vegan stock is used) Very quick and simple to make, these chickpeas, kale and quinoa power bowls could be enjoyed warm, at room temperature or even cold. This Buddha Bowl is topped with roasted sweet potatoes, peppers and chickpeas and drizzled It's a healthy (vegetarian + vegan) dinner or lunch. Bring to boil then reduce. chickpea bowl. variations. Lentils: Replace the chickpeas with cooked brown or green lentils.