King Oyster Mushroom Risotto (Vegan Friendly). Great recipe for King Oyster Mushroom Risotto (Vegan Friendly). I was craving some risotto so here's what I made with the king oyster mushrooms that was in the fridge. It's delicious even without adding any cheese.
It's delicious even without adding any cheese. Give it a try! -No need to rinse the rice. -I used Maggy-brand dairy-free soup stock. -If you leave the heat at low, the rice will be al. How to Cook Oyster Mushroom Risotto. You can have King Oyster Mushroom Risotto (Vegan Friendly) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of King Oyster Mushroom Risotto (Vegan Friendly)
- It’s 130 grams of Rice (no need to rinse!).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1/2 clove of Chopped garlic.
- Prepare 30 of gg Onions (finely chopped).
- It’s 30 grams of King oyster mushrooms.
- You need 30 ml of White wine or sake (optional).
- It’s 500 ml of Western soup (stock).
- It’s 30 ml of Soy milk (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper to season, if needed.
Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the oyster mushrooms, chili, and give it a good stir. These vegan scallops are made with king oyster mushrooms in an easy garlic white sauce that's perfect over pasta or rice. King mushrooms have a surprisingly similar taste and texture to scallops and make the perfect vegan substitution.
King Oyster Mushroom Risotto (Vegan Friendly) instructions
- Finely chop the garlic and onion. Slice the king oyster mushrooms into about 5 cm pieces. Dissolve the soup stock in hot water..
- Add olive oil and garlic into a thickly bottomed pot over low heat..
- When fragrant, add onion and stir-fry until translucent..
- Add rice without rinsing. Stir gently until the olive oil mixes thoroughly with the rice, turning it yellow..
- If you have white wine or sake, add and evaporate the alcohol. Add half of the mushrooms..
- When you can hear the rice popping, add 1 ladleful of soup and stir with a spatula. When the liquid is reduced, add the soup again..
- Add the rest of the soup with the remaining mushrooms! (By adding them in two batches, it'll enrich their savory flavor as well as their texture.).
- When the soup is completely reduced, turn the heat off. Add soy milk to finish..
Shred the king oyster mushrooms. (the best way to do this is with a fork). Add all the marinade ingredients into a large bowl. Add the shredded mushrooms and mix through well. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. King Oyster Mushroom Scallops: Gently wash and dry the mushrooms.