Spanish vegan tortilla. In my pre-vegan days, Spanish Tortilla was a favourite comfort food of mine, but I love this vegan version even more. Not only is it delicious, it's cruelty-free (no hens or chicks are harmed in the. Spanish tortillas are typically made with eggs, but are easily "veganizable", if you swap the eggs for chickpea "eggs".
My dear friend Daisy in Rishikesh taught me how to make this and it's been a hit with friends and family since. Tortilla (or Spanish Omelette) is a typical Spanish recipe, probably one of the most famous in our country. This is a vegan version, so delicious! You can cook Spanish vegan tortilla using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spanish vegan tortilla
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of large red onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of chickpea flour.
- You need 1 of big potato cut into medium slices.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of small red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
If you think Spanish dishes can't be veganised try my version of vegan Spanish omelette. To a blender add all other tortilla ingredients and blend well until you get a very smooth mixture. vegan Chickpea Spanish Tortilla. by: Daniela. This brings a more healthy touch to the traditional Spanish omelette (Tortilla española). and is one of my families favorite snacks. It's vegan, because no eggs were used.
Spanish vegan tortilla step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large medium pan and add the chopped onions, chopped red bell pepper and potatoes. Cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix the chickpea flour and water together in a bowl with the salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes and onions are cooked, add them to the chickpea mix and stir gently to combine..
- Add the chickpea mixture and cook on a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until the bottom is cooked..
- When both sides are brown and the tortilla is cooked through, cut into slices and serve hot or cold with a green chatny..
The batter is made with chickpea flour and water. You can add a pinch of turmeric to make the batter look more egg like and sprinkle a. A Spanish tortilla is an egg-based dish, which is definitely not vegan. When it comes to the two varieties of Mexican tortillas, there's a bit of ambiguity. Most all Mexican tortillas are vegan.