Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry -Vegan.
You can cook Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry -Vegan using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry -Vegan
- Prepare 1 of Glug oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Garam Masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chilli Flakes (depending on heat of curry).
- You need 1 of Large Onion chopped.
- You need 50 g of Root ginger.
- It’s 750 g of Sweet Potato.
- You need 2 tins of Chickpeas.
- Prepare 2 tins of Chopped Tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cloves of Garlic.
Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry -Vegan instructions
- Heat the oil in the pan on a low heat and add the cumin seeds, garam masala & turmeric. Leave for a few mins and then add the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli flakes and increase to a medium heat for another 2 mins..
- Add chickpeas (drain and rinse), sweet potato chunks, tinned tomatoes and enough water to cover all the chickpeas and sweet potato..
- Cover and cook for approx half an hour on a medium- low heat, stirring occasionly and checking of more water is needed. Season when done..
- Boil rice whilst cooking dish and serve when potato chunks become soft (this will depend based on size of potato chunks)..