Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan. This easy vegan curry serves four people and makes for a wholesome midweek meal packed with chickpeas, spinach and fragrant spices. Creamy, delicately spiced Thai-style curry is a crowdpleaser, so make our vegan version with squash, asparagus and green beans for a vibrant. Butternut Squash Green Chile Chicken Soup.
EASY coconut curry with chickpeas and Indian spices. Naturally vegan + gluten-free; add vegetables like cauliflower or sweet potato. A classic easy coconut curry with chickpeas, inspired by Indian flavors. You can have Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger powder.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion Squash (also known as Hokkaido), cut into 2-3cm cubes – Butternut or Kabocha are also nice (and you don’t need to peel the squash 🎉).
- You need 200 g of / 1/2 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 200 g of / 1/2 can coconut milk, light or full-fat.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegan stock (it’s about 1tsp of powder for 1 cup) – if you’re not vegan, you can use veggie stock instead of course.
- It’s 100-150 g of Green beans – peas or sugarsnaps or spinach or chard are nice too.
This garbanzo bean curry skips the complicated steps but doesn't skimp. Our awesome vegan take on the insanely popular dish. Ridiculously tasty and nutritious – just look at all that protein, fibre and iron. Will become a favourite after work dinner.
Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan step by step
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds. And fry til they pop..
- Add the cumin, garam masala, turmeric and ginger. Heat for a few minutes..
- Add the squash and chickpeas..
- Add the coconut milk and vegan broth..
- Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for about 30 minutes until the squash has softened and the sauce has thickened..
- Add the beans and stir through; they will take 5-10 mins. If the mix is getting a bit dry, add some water..
- Serve with rice or chapatti. Enjoy!.
This delicious vegan chickpea curry is creamy and perfectly spiced. How to make vegan chickpea curry. Add some olive oil to a pot along with some chopped onions, crushed garlic, garam masala (or curry powder), cumin, coriander powder, turmeric and cayenne pepper and sauté until the onions are. This vegan butternut squash curry is the perfect weeknight dinner for the winter. If you want to add protein to this butternut squash curry, I recommend adding chickpeas or pan-fried tofu.