Vegan Spring roll.
You can cook Vegan Spring roll using 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Spring roll
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of sesame oil or any oil.
- You need 2.5 cups of shredded cabbage.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 1/3 cup of thinly sliced green bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of finely chopped celery (optional).
- You need 3 tablespoon of bean sprouts (optional).
- You need 2-3 tablespoon of chopped spring onion greens.
- Prepare of salt as required.
- You need of oil for deep frying.
- Prepare 6 tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- It’s 4-5 tablespoon of water or add as required to make a thick paste.
- It’s 24-30 of spring roll sheet.
Vegan Spring roll instructions
- Chop the veggies in thin long strips. for cabbage and carrot, you can shred them.. chopping takes time, so you can also use a food processor to chop the veggies..
- Now heat 2 tbsp sesame oil in a wok or kadai. keep the flame on medium intensity.
- Please note you can use your choice of veggies..
- Stir and then add all the veggies.
- Increase the flame to high and stir fry the veggies for 4 to 5 minutes on a high flame. then add 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper powder and 1 tsp finely chopped celery (optional)..
- Add 1 tbsp soy sauce. both black pepper and soy sauce can be adjusted as per your taste..
- Stir everything very well.
- Season with salt. add less salt as soy sauce already has salt. stir again very well. the filling has to be dry..
- Stir and keep the filling aside. let it cool down..
- Preparing sealing paste: in a bowl, mix 6 tbsp all purpose flour or corn starch and 4 to 5 tbsp water. i used all purpose flour. stir very well to make a thick paste without any lumps..
- Now take the spring roll wrapper..
- Now with your fingertip, apply the paste on the edges of the wrapper. then place 1 tbsp of the veggie stuffing on one side..
- Edges facing down on a plate. your hands will become messy when stuffing the spring rolls..
- Heat oil at the deep frying.
- Depending on the size of the pan or kadai, you can fry 2 to 3 veg spring rolls at a time.
- Once they become light golden, turn them over and fry the other side.
- Drain fried veg spring rolls on kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil..
- Serve the spring rolls hot with red chilli sauce or tomato ketchup.