Vegan Pumpkin Pie. How To Make Vegan Pumpkin Pie. You simply throw all the ingredients into a blender and then pour it out onto your pre-made (uncooked) vegan pie crust, bake it, then let it cool, chill it in the fridge, pipe some whipped coconut cream onto it and bingo bango you have a very impressive pie. This vegan pumpkin pie is the best pumpkin pie I've ever had!
They're often too sweet and gooey for me. But this plant-based pumpkin pie has. You can either follow my recipe to make a homemade pie crust, or you buy a store-bought pie crust. You can cook Vegan Pumpkin Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- It’s 1 of Basic, Simple Pie Crust.
- Prepare 2 cup of Kabocha squash steamed in a rice cooker for 25 minutes (with skin).
- Prepare 200 ml of Soy milk.
- It’s 100 ml of Beet sugar.
- You need 50 ml of Plain flour.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Molasses or brown sugar syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg.
Many of them are accidentally vegan, just check the ingredients to make sure. Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt to a blender or a large bowl. How To Make Vegan Pumpkin Pie: You can process the pumpkin pie filling in a blender or food processor. The gluten-free pie crust can be also made in a food processor or in a bowl (mixed with your hands).
Vegan Pumpkin Pie step by step
- Make the pie crust, and thinly spread it out in the pie pan up to the edges..
- Place all of the ingredients except for the pie crust in a blender or food processor, and process until it's smooth..
- Pour the Step 2 mixture into the Step 1 pie crust. Flatten out the top..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220℃ for 10 minutes, then reduce to 170℃ and bake for 40 minutes. Remove and place on a rack to cool..
- This picture was taken just after baking, so the crust on the back fell off a bit..
Tips for Making Perfect Vegan Pumpkin Pie. This recipe calls for full-fat coconut milk. You can substitute light coconut milk or another non-dairy milk if you like, but the pie won't be as rich. How long will my vegan pumpkin pie keep? You can also seal it up and freeze it for two months or so.