Broccoli Dal (vegan).
You can have Broccoli Dal (vegan) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Dal (vegan)
- It’s 1 tbs of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds or ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red lentils, rinsed.
- It’s 1 cup of broccoli, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 can of coconut milk – light or fullfat.
- It’s of you can also use the whole can; if you do, then reduce the amount of broth/ water.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of vegan or veggie broth (Marigold) or just water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of hot chilli flakes if you like.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon.
Broccoli Dal (vegan) step by step
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds or ground cumin..
- When the seeds are popping, add the lentils, broccoli, coconut milk, broth, garam masala, turmeric and salt..
- Bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat, cover with lid and simmer for about 10 mins..
- Uncover; add the chilli flakes and simmer for another 10-15 minutes until the lentils soften. Give it an occasional stir to make sure it doesn’t stick. Add more water if it’s drying out..
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve..