Vegan Faux Nikujaga with Lentils. Great recipe for Vegan Faux Nikujaga with Lentils. I often use lentils as a substitute for ground meat. I wanted to eat nikujaga so I made this vegan version.
Red lentils, green lentils, and brown lentils – I love them all! I've some delicious vegan lentil recipes on the blog like my lentil loaf or red lentil fritters. Since I wanted to provide you with even more easy lentil recipes, I teamed up with some fellow food bloggers. You can cook Vegan Faux Nikujaga with Lentils using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Faux Nikujaga with Lentils
- It’s 100 grams of Lentils.
- Prepare 4 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 200 ml of ●Filtered water.
- It’s 2 tsp of ●Beet sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ●Japanese dashi powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ●Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of ●Sake.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
If you want to take your vegan hotdog to the next level, you must try this. You'll need a food processor to mix together the carrots and lentils. The end product is better than you could have imagined! Lentil Shepherd's Pie with Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Radiant Rachels.
Vegan Faux Nikujaga with Lentils instructions
- Rinse the lentils in filtered water, then drain. Cube the potatoes. Slice the onion into wedges..
- Add the ingredients from Step 1 and the ● ingredients to a pot, cover with a lid, and cook on medium heat. Once it comes to a boil, remove the lid continue boiling, being careful not to burn it. Turn off the heat when the water is almost boiled out, then pour in the sesame oil..
- The flavors will be absorbed while it's cooling, so allow it to steam for at least 10 minutes before serving. It's also delicious the following day..
I'm a bit of a Shepherd's Pie connoisseur! This tasty vegetarian and vegan green lentil bolognese is the perfect weeknight dinner, packed with veggies and green lentils in a rich tomato sauce. This bolognese sauce is kid friendly and sure to win over anyone who tries it. I've made this lentil bolognese, like, a bajillion times in the last year. Vegetarian Sloppy Joes With Lentils and Chickpeas.