South Indian Green Beans – vegan.
You can have South Indian Green Beans – vegan using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of South Indian Green Beans – vegan
- It’s 1 cup of / 150g green bean, chopped into 2-3cm long pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/2 can of coconut milk, light.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of creamed coconut, grated – optional.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 of curry leaves.
South Indian Green Beans – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium heat..
- Add mustard seeds..
- When they begin to pop, add all the spices. Saute for 1-2 minutes..
- Add coconut milk and grated coconut if using. Add the salt. Simmer for a couple of minutes til the sauce thickens..
- Add the beans. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until the beans are cooked but still have a bit of crunch..
- Serve as a side dish or with basmati rice for a simple meal. Enjoy!.