Rotini and Cheese (Lactose intollerant friendly). People with lactose intolerance are unable to digest lactose, the main carbohydrate in milk. This can cause various digestive symptoms. Lactose is a disaccharide, meaning that it consists of two sugars.
Those affected vary in the amount of lactose they can tolerate before symptoms develop. Lactose intolerance is the inability to digest lactose, the sugar in milk and dairy products. Learn more about this common condition from WebMD. You can cook Rotini and Cheese (Lactose intollerant friendly) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rotini and Cheese (Lactose intollerant friendly)
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Habanero powder.
- Prepare 2 cups of Daiya cheddar cheese shreds (vegan).
- You need 2 tsp of Earth balance Extra virgin olive oil blend butter.
- It’s 1 box of Melissa's Organic Tofu.
- You need of Small handfull of Basil.
- Prepare 50 oz of Organic Vegetable stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of Real Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Jalapeno powder.
- You need 1 box of Organic Rotini.
If you're one of them, you have lactose intolerance. The condition isn't harmful, but it can be uncomfortable and may be embarrassing. What's happening when milk turns to cheese is a souring process called acidification, whereby the lactose in milk is converted into If you don't really know if you're lactose intolerant, try eating a hard cheese like parmesan, which has virtually no residual lactose. According to lactose intolerance expert Steve Carper, author of Milk Is Not For Every Body: Living With Lactose Intolerance, there are nine cheeses that contain less than five grams of sugar per serving, clocking in at about two to three percent lactose.
Rotini and Cheese (Lactose intollerant friendly) instructions
- Bring water to a boil. Boil Rotini for 8 minutes until al dente. Remove from heat, and drain. Set aside.
- In separate pan, add tofu. Scramble until lightly browned and moisture is cooked out. Set aside..
- In bigger pan, heat vegetable stock, earth balance butter, basil, daiya cheese, jalapeno, habanero, real lemon, and garlic and tofu until boiling. Then add Rotini.
- Let set for a few minutes. then enjoy..
Lactose intolerant people share two traits: an inability to consume dairy and a determination to do it anyway. If I'm free for the four to six hours after a meal, I'll gladly indulge in cheesy dishes I have no business consuming: tangy lemon ricotta pancakes, pizza topped with basil and fresh mozzarella. If you have lactose intolerance, you need to reduce your dairy intake. Learn about smart dairy swaps as well as dairy-free foods for a lactose intolerance diet. A lactose intolerance diet should include dairy-free foods, but it can allow some dairy as well.