Vegan Cheesy Potatoes.
You can cook Vegan Cheesy Potatoes using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Cheesy Potatoes
- Prepare 2.5-3 pounds of russet potatoes cubed.
- You need 1 of very small onion or 1/2 normal size chopped.
- You need 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 Cups of almond milk.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 2.5 Tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 Tsp of salt plus more to sprinkle.
- You need 3 Tbsp of soft vegan butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely grated vegan parmesan cheese.
- You need of Ground Pepper.
Vegan Cheesy Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. Saute the onions in olive oil for 5 minutes and during the last minute add the garlic. Cut the potatoes into small bite sized cubes and place into a large bowl. Add the onions to the potatoes and mix..
- In a 4 cup measuring cup, add the almond milk, nutritional yeast, cornstarch and salt. Mix until particles have disolved..
- Finely grate the vegan Parmesan cheese till you have about 1/2 cup. More is better and you can also wait to grate it when you add it to the pot directly..
- Grease a 3 quart baking dish. Add 1/3 of the potato mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper, add 1/3 of the cheese and slice up 1 Tbsp vegan butter on top. Repeat this process 2 more times..
- Pour the liquid mixture onto the potatoes. If there are still some clumps in the liquid, discard them. The liquid should almost cover the top layer of potatoes..
- Bake with a cover for 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 40-50 minutes. Let pot rest for 5 minutes and serve..