Super Moist Vegan Mango Cake.
You can cook Super Moist Vegan Mango Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Super Moist Vegan Mango Cake
- You need FOR of DRY INGREDIENTS:.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour/maida.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s For of WET INGREDIENTS:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of oil (any odorless cooking oil).
- You need 3/4 cup of fine sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence/extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flax meal (powdered flax seeds).
- You need 6 tbsp of water.
- It’s 3/4 cup of mango pulp (canned alphonso; you can use fresh too).
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
Super Moist Vegan Mango Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Centigrade. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with oil or grease and line with parchment paper. Set aside..
- PREPARING DRY INGREDIENTS: In a medium sized bowl, mix the dry ingredients –flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Use a whisk to combine or sieve. MIXING THE WET INGREDIENTS: Stir 6 tablespoons water into 2 tablespoons of flax meal and mix to combine; set aside 5 minutes..
- In a large mixing bowl, beat oil and sugar using a wooden spoon or even a hand mixer until well combined..
- Add the vanilla essence, flax meal, coconut milk and mango puree and beat again to form a homogeneous mixture..
- Once the mixture is well combined, add the dry ingredients in batches, folding with a silicone spatula or spoon until all the flour mixture is well moistened. Try not to over mix to avoid dense cake! Mix just until you do not see any dry flour or lumps..
- Pour into the prepared pan (the batter will be dilute) and level with a spoon. Tap the pan on the counter a couple of times to remove any air bubbles. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean..
- Remove from oven and set on cooling rack for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from pan and set on rack until completely cool..
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional), slice and enjoy!.
- Notes If you can find fresh mangoes, use that instead of canned, but adjust the sweetness accordingly. Instead of vanilla, you can use mango essence instead for a more profound mango aroma. Do not open the oven for at least 30 minutes to taste the doneness; the cake may collapse in the center!.