Vegetarian egg rolls. Baking egg rolls definitely creates a different texture than frying, but I still liked them A LOT. Place the egg rolls on a baking sheet and coat with non-stick spray. Roll them over and spray the other side.
In this veggie egg roll recipe, we use garlic, Shiitake. Takeout-Style Veggie Egg Rolls. featured in Quicker Than Delivery Egg Rolls. Most egg rolls are filled with pork or beef or something of the like, but with these being vegetarian egg roll bowls, we're using my favorite shredded meat substitute…oyster mushrooms! You can have Vegetarian egg rolls using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian egg rolls
- You need of filling.
- Prepare 1 of the wonton wrapper receipe on my profile.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil fir frying.
- You need 1 cup of oil for frying.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of red or green chili, minced (omit for mild egg rolls).
- It’s 6 of fresh shiitake mushrooms, finely sliced and chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Chinese cabbage OR regular "white" cabbage, sliced or shredded into thin matchstick-length pieces.
- You need 3 of spring (green) onions, sliced lengthwise into matchstick-length pieces.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (vegans can omit the egg, or substitute 1/4 cup soft tofu).
- It’s 3 cup of fresh bean sprouts.
- You need of STIR-FRY SAUCE.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fish sauce OR vegetarian fish sauce (available at Vietnamese food stores), or substitute soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
This is the best Vegetarian/Vegetable Egg Roll recipe. There is no meat and dairy. It's also a vegan spring roll recipe. This egg roll/spring roll recipe is.
Vegetarian egg rolls step by step
- Mix all "stir-fry sauce" ingredients together in a cup. Set aside..
- Place a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Swirl 1 Tbsp. oil around the pan, then add garlic and chili. Stir-fry 30 seconds to release the fragrance..
- Add the mushrooms plus 1 Tbsp. wine or cooking wine. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes until mushrooms have softened. Add more wine whenever wok/pan becomes dry..
- Add the cabbage and spring onions, continuing to stir-fry in the same way for another 1-2 minutes, or until cabbage has softened slightly..
- Push ingredients to the side of your wok or frying pan. Break the egg(s) into the space you have made, then quickly stir (like making scrambled eggs). When most of the egg is cooked, mix it up with the other ingredients. Vegans can also add the tofu now..
- Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry sauce. Stir-fry briefly – about 1 minute, allowing the bean sprouts to stay crisp..
- Remove from heat and do a taste-test. If not salty enough, add some more fish sauce (or salt for vegans) to adjust the flavor..
- Place filling into wonton dough and roll shut. Use small amount of water to seal. Dried is better..
- Continue rolling in this way until all the filling has been used up. As you work, place finished rolls on a plate and cover with a damp cloth to keep them from drying out..
- Place 1 cup (or more) oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Oil should be about 1 inch deep. When oil starts to form thin moving lines across the bottom of the pan, turn down heat slightly..
- Dip a corner of one egg roll into the oil. If it begins to sizzle/bubble and cook, the oil is ready. If nothing happens, allow oil to heat up a little longer..
- When oil is ready, carefully slide egg rolls in, or place them in oil with tongs. Allow to cook 1 minute (or until golden brown) then use tongs to turn and cook the other side..
- Place cooked egg rolls on a clean cloth or paper towel to drain..
- Eat warm. Also good reheated so can be prepared in advanced..
This egg roll recipe is crunchy and delicious, plus fun and easy to make! The filling is made up of lots of crisp vegetables. This recipe for vegetarian egg rolls calls for baking the egg rolls in the oven, rather than deep Vegetarian baked eggrolls are not that hard to make! They do take a little while to roll, but the. Though meatless, these vegetarian egg rolls are far from bland, especially when served over a bed of vermicelli noodles and fresh Vietnamese aromatic herbs and dressed with a nước mắm sauce.