Vegan creamy parsnip soup (no potatoes). The Best Vegan Parsnip Recipes on Yummly That's exactly what this soup is. It's creamy, brimming with the subtle flavor of parsnips and mild herbs, and it's so simple to make.
This soup does require a bit of prep work since you first have to dice up the parsnips and sweet potatoes and then roast them, but trust me every bit of effort. Rich, hearty and satisfying vegan potato soup. Super easy, hugely delicious and so filling you can have it as a main course! You can have Vegan creamy parsnip soup (no potatoes) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan creamy parsnip soup (no potatoes)
- You need 4 of carrots.
- You need 3 of parsnips.
- It’s 2 of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 of small cauliflower.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- You need 1 tablespoon of coriander.
- You need 1 of stock cube.
- You need 2 of onions.
- Prepare 2.5 litres of water.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
But in all my years of making soups, I had never tried to make a potato soup. Boy, have I been missing out! Inspired by a can of curry parsnip soup in my grocery store that's full of dairy, I wanted to make a version that was fresh and vegan! To this add the potatoes and stock and simmer untill parsnips are tender.
Vegan creamy parsnip soup (no potatoes) step by step
- Cube the vegetables and mix with vegetable oil, cumin and coriander..
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Sauté the onions and garlic. Add the roast vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Use a little of the water to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Then add 2 litres and stock cube and blend with a hand blender. Use the remaining 0.5 litres to create the consistency you enjoy.
- Leave on the hob on a low heat for 30 minutes. Leave to cool. Reheat to serve. Yum!.
Parsnips may look like overgrown mutated white carrots, but they have a fabulously sweet and nutty flavor that's all their own and makes a lovely soup. In this recipe, parsnips are used to make a simple but satisfying creamy soup perfect for a chilly night. Serve it as a humble supper all on its own. Sweet parsnips work well with pork in this one pot autumnal warmer – it really needs little or no accompaniment. Learn how to make Creamy Ginger-Parsnip Soup.