Vegan Cornbread Muffins. Add the yellow cornmeal into a mixing bowl and then sift in the all purpose flour. How to make these Gluten-Free Vegan Cornbread Muffins Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe. These easy vegan corn muffins are the perfect side to serve at a barbecue!
Whether you've made a big pot of chili, or if you're hosting a barbecue, these vegan corn muffins are just the thing to serve on the side. These Vegan Cornbread muffins are a great way to provide them a quick snack that is non-messy and delicious to ensure that they are eaten in a jiffy. Vegan Cornbread Muffins to the rescue. You can have Vegan Cornbread Muffins using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Cornbread Muffins
- Prepare of A.
- Prepare 200 ml of Corn meal.
- You need 200 ml of Whole wheat flour (cake flour).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare of B.
- Prepare 200 ml of Soy milk.
- Prepare 50 ml of Vegetable oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of Molasses syrup (light).
I did a few twist on the vegan cornbread muffins for two. In fact, I often make a double batch of mini oil-free cornbread muffins to serve with a variety of salads, on the side. For example, I love vegan cornbread with my Chopped Southwest Salad! Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
Vegan Cornbread Muffins step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tray with muffin cups..
- Add the A ingredients to bowl and mix together with a whisk..
- Add the B ingredients to a separate bowl and combine them with a whisk as well..
- Pour the contents of the bowl from Step 3 into the bowl from Step 2 and lightly mix together with a spatula..
- Pour the batter into some muffin cups that have been greased with a little oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. If you are using a pound cake tin then please bake for 30-35 minutes..
- I recommend either eating these hot out of the oven or re-heating them in a microwave. Try serving them with butter and syrup or jam..
- In total these muffins should contain 1558 kcal and 2.7 g sodium..
The perfect comforting side to soups and chilis, or to bake into croutons for salads or stuffing. Cornbread muffins aren't always the healthiest. In fact, many recipes are high in sugar and oil. While this helps with flavor and structure, there are other, healthier ways to make them instead! This recipe cuts out the refined oil by using the natural oils in corn and allowing the sweetness of corn to replace much of the added sugar!