Vegan Chocolate Mocha Banana Cake.
You can cook Vegan Chocolate Mocha Banana Cake using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Chocolate Mocha Banana Cake
- Prepare 1 2/3 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar/brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of instant coffee powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water (you could add upto 1 cup).
- It’s 1/2 cup of mashed bananas.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of chocolate chips (regular or mini).
Vegan Chocolate Mocha Banana Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Centigrade. Prepare an 8 inch or 9 inch pan; grease and flour or line with aluminum foil and then grease and flour. Keep aside..
- Mash bananas and gather the ingredients for the cake..
- In a large bowl, add whole wheat flour, sugar, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk or sift the mixture well..
- To this, add oil, vanilla essence, vinegar, and 3/4 cup water. Stir well with a silicone spatula or spoon..
- Fold in mashed bananas. If you feel the batter is a bit thick, add more water, up to 1 cup total. You could also mix all the wet ingredients first – oil, vanilla, mashed bananas, water and vinegar and then fold it into dry ingredients, mixing gently. DO NOT OVER MIX!.
- Pour into prepared pan and smoothen to level the top..
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips..
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Check around 32 minutes. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack..
- After 10 minutes, remove cake from foil and cool on wire rack completely..
- When cool, cut into desired shapes and enjoy with a cup of coffee/tea or with a scoop of your favorite ice cream!!.
- Enjoy and Happy Baking and Eating!.