Vickys Roast Spiced Cauliflower & Corn Salad GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Roast Spiced Cauliflower & Corn Salad GF DF EF SF NF using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Roast Spiced Cauliflower & Corn Salad GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 2 slice of toasted gluten-free white bread or 50g breadcrumbs.
- It’s 2 of corn on the cob with husks still on*.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 350 grams of cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil plus extra for dressing.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground turmeric.
- You need of sea salt & black pepper.
- You need of flat leaf parsley.
Vickys Roast Spiced Cauliflower & Corn Salad GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F. If using toasted bread, pulse it in a food processor into breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the grill to medium and cook the corn cobs for 20 – 25 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked and the husks are blackened. *You can also oven roast trimmed corn cobs wrapped in foil or parchment paper instead. Remove and set aside to cool. When cooled remove the husks and slice the corn kernals off the cob into a bowl.
- While the corn is cooking, place the pepper over a naked gas flame to roast and char the skin. When the skin is fully blackened place in a ziplock bag to steam for 10 minutes. Rub the pepper against the inside of the bag to peel the black skin off. Remove from the bag and rinse to remove any remaining skin, then dry and dice into chunks.
- Dry fry the cumin and fennel seeds for a few minutes in a frying pan then remove and place in a roasting tin. Heat the oil in the frying pan and fry off the cauliflower florets, cut side down, for 5 minutes until lightly browned, then turn and cook a further 2 minutes. Remove and transfer to the roasting tin.
- Add in the breadcrumbs, red pepper, turmeric, season with the salt & pepper and drizzle with some oil. Mix together then bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the cauliflower is slightly wilted and crispy on the edges.
- Remove from the oven, place in a serving plate. Mix the corn through, season to taste and sprinkle with chopped parsley.