Vickys Spiced Cauliflower Soup, GF DF EF SF.
You can cook Vickys Spiced Cauliflower Soup, GF DF EF SF using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Spiced Cauliflower Soup, GF DF EF SF
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 4 tbsp of harissa paste, recipe in my profile.
- Prepare 2 of large cauliflower cut into florets.
- You need 2000 ml of hot chicken / vegetable stock.
- It’s 100 grams of flaked almonds plus extra for garnish if desired.
- You need 1 of salt & fresh black pepper to taste.
Vickys Spiced Cauliflower Soup, GF DF EF SF step by step
- Dry fry the almonds until they're turning golden and you can smell them toasting.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the ground spices and harissa paste for 2 minutes.
- Put the cauliflower, stock and almonds into the pan. Bring to the boil then simmer, covered, for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Put the whole lot through a blender and puree smooth.
- Serve with a scattering of toasted almonds over the top and a grind of fresh black pepper.
- You can use ground almonds instead of flaked, just throw them in the soup after simmering and stir through before blending.