Potato, cauliflower and pea curry – vegan. To make a vegan version of this vegetable curry, substitute vegetable oil for the ghee. Stir peas into cauliflower mixture, and. The only thing I changed was the potatoes need more cooking time than the cauliflower.
Creamy roasted flavors without standing around roasting the sauce. Add some cooked chickpeas to make a meal. A seasonal vegan cauliflower curry with sweet potato, chickpeas, and greens. You can have Potato, cauliflower and pea curry – vegan using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato, cauliflower and pea curry – vegan
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 cup of potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks.
- It’s 1 cup of cauliflower, cut into small florets.
- You need 1 of small onion, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 2 cm of chunk ginger, peeled and grated.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s of sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of peas, frozen or fresh.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- You need Handful of coriander leaves, chopped.
Serve this healthy curry with naan or rice for a plant based comfort I shared a potato pea curry last month but before that it'd been over three years, hah. This is more of an everyday dish instead of a very carb-filled treat. We're ending the week off with a simple and vegan cauliflower curry! I still love this braised Indian chicken with chickpeas, but if you want a vegan vegetable curry, this dish is for you.
Potato, cauliflower and pea curry – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil on a medium heat. Add the cumin seeds. When they start to pop, add the potatoes and sauté until golden..
- Take the potato out and set to one side. Repeat the process with the cauliflower. Then scoop the cauliflower out and set to one side. Add more oil of you need..
- Turn down the heat. Add the onion and cook until soft..
- Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for a couple of mins..
- Add the ground coriander, chilli and turmeric and cook for a few mins..
- Add the potatoes and then the cauliflower back into the pan. Add the water and cover. Cook for about 15 mins til the veg are starting to become tender. Keep an eye on it – stir every once in a while and add more water if it starts to stick..
- Stir in the peas and garam masala. Add more water if it’s drying out. Cook for another 5 – 10 couple of mins more til the peas are tender..
- Then add the lime juice and chopped coriander and stir through. Enjoy 😋.
This vegan cauliflower and potato aloo gobi is indeed an easy version of this traditional Indian dish, but do make sure you have all the Indian spices on hand — including garam masala, chili powder, turmeric, and cumin — before you try this cauliflower curry recipe. You can omit the lemon juice and. How to make Vegan Potato Curry. This vegan curry is a wonderful fragrant mix of spices with potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, chickpeas, chopped This comes back to creating a richer flavor and is inspired by dishes like aloo gobi, a potato and cauliflower curry (we have a recipe for this in our. This coconut sweet potato curry contains simple and healthy ingredients that you probably already have at home.