Vegan laksa. Vegan laksa is a plant based take on this classic Malaysian dish. It's full of depth of flavour, warming, comforting and filling and naturally gluten-free too. Vegan Laksa – Malaysian Curry Laksa Soup Recipe.
Jump to Recipe Laksa can be made with a homemade laksa paste, but for this recipe, we're using store-bought laksa paste to save time. (And because honestly, the store-bought stuff is really great.) This recipe is for a vegan and vegetarian-friendly Laksa that is also naturally gluten-free. Whether you're new to a plant based diet or have been vegan for a long time, you might be wondering what about laksa isn't vegan? It's just a spicy noodle soup right? You can have Vegan laksa using 30 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan laksa
- Prepare of Ingredients for the LAKSA PASTE ;.
- You need 5 of chilies.
- Prepare 4 quartered of shallots red.
- You need 2 TBSPs of chopped ginger roughly.
- Prepare 3 big cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 of coriander roots , cleaned really well.
- It’s 2 of lemongrass large stalks trimmed and chopped.
- Prepare of cashewshandful.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of coriander seeds (whole).
- You need 1 TBSP of cumin seeds (whole).
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 TBSP of turmeric (fresh or powder).
- You need 4 TBSPs of tomato paste.
- You need of Ingredients for the LAKSA.
- It’s of Laksa paste.
- You need 4 TBSPs of coconut oil.
- You need 1.5 of veggie stock L.
- You need 1 TBSP of sugar raw.
- Prepare 400 ml of coconut milk (1 tin).
- Prepare 5 of Kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 1 TBSP of soy sauce tamarind or.
- It’s of TO SERVE :.
- Prepare of Bean sprout.
- You need of rice noodles laksa ,.
- Prepare of zucchini noodles.
- Prepare of carrot noodles.
- You need of coriander leaves.
- It’s of lime.
- You need of sesame seeds toasted.
- It’s of How to cook :.
In it's simplest form, yes, laksa is a spicy noodle soup and so it doesn't have to contain any ingredients that aren't suitable for a plant based diet. Add the ground coriander, paprika and ground cumin to a pan and heat until fragrant (one minute or so). Add to a food processor with the red chillies, a roughly chopped brown onion, lemongrass stalks (the white part only), ginger, garlic cloves and a glug of oil. Not only did we sample vegan laksa whilst working in Melacca.
Vegan laksa instructions
- Add coriander and cumin seeds in a small pan on low heat and slightly toast them for 1-2 minutes, careful not to burn them..
- Set aside and allow to cool..
- Once cooled, add them to a mortar and pestle and grind them finely..
- Add all ingredients for the laksa paste to a blender and process until you get a fine paste. Should take around a minute. Scoop into a bowl..
- Heat your pot and add the laksa paste with the coconut oil. Stir through and cook for 2-3 minutes until hot and fragrant..
- Add the veggie stock, sugar, coconut milk, lime leaves and soy sauce, give it a good stir, cover and bring to a boil..
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, covered..
- Meanwhile, bring another pot of water to a boil and cook your rice noodles per package instructions. When ready, drain and rinse with cold water. Place in the serving bowl..
- Make your zucchini and carrot noodles and place in the serving bowl too..
- Top with bean sprouts and when laksa is ready, pour 3-4 ladles on top of the noodles in the serving dish..
- Top with coriander and sesame, squeeze fresh lime and enjoy hot..
From vegan fish head soup to vegan congee we were spoilt for choice with veganised national dishes galore! This incredible dish is a combination of a Chinese noodle soup, a rich coconut broth with Indian spices, plus chilli and paprika influenced by the Portuguese. It's not any old soup though, it's an aromatic, spicy and creamy vegan laksa that's really filling and comforting – perfect for these cold winter months. It's warming and it won't leave you hungry, thanks to a generous topping of flat rice noodles, steamed broccoli, pan-fried tofu cubes and sprouts. Starting Monday with a flavorful meatless vegetarian coconut curry soup made with Malaysian-style red curry paste called Laksa.