Vegan chocolate cake. This really is the best chocolate cake ever, vegan or otherwise. A simple vegan chocolate cake, made with basic ingredients and perfect for any occasion. This vegan cake is a good recipe to have on hand any time you need to make a basic chocolate cake.
Not only is it super easy to make, but I'm actually convinced it is flop proof! This may be the healthiest cake I've made, but you'd never know it by eating it. It's perfectly moist with a rich dark chocolate flavor that's made even richer with a thick. You can have Vegan chocolate cake using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan chocolate cake
- You need of Cake.
- It’s 240 ml of plant based milk.
- It’s 15 ml of white vinegar.
- Prepare 240 g of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 315 g of white sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of cacao powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 240 ml of unsweetened applesauce.
- It’s 120 ml of freshly brewed espresso.
- Prepare 120 ml of coconut oil, melted.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Frosting.
- It’s 112 g of unsalted plant-based butter, softened.
- You need 25 g of cacao powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 120 g of powdered sugar.
- You need 60 ml of unsweetened plant-based milk.
- It’s 60 ml of dairy-free dark chocolate, melted.
- It’s of Decorations.
- You need of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries.
- Prepare leaves of mint.
- You need of nuts.
This easy to make gluten free chocolate cake might become your new favorite dessert because it's fudgy, moist, rich, and so chocolaty! While the cakes cool prepare the frosting. Add vegan butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla. This BEST vegan chocolate cake recipe is quick and easy with no unusual ingredients.
Vegan chocolate cake instructions
- To a medium bowl, add the milk and vinegar, and give it a mix. You will see it starts to curdle, by doing this we are creating a vegan buttermilk..
- Place a sieve over a large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients through it. Mix together. To the same large bowl, add the buttermilk and all wet ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps left, but make sure to not over mix..
- Grease a (20 cm) round cake pan with oil and line the bottom with a cut-out round piece of parchment paper. Put in the cake batter and bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes at 180°C..
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. To a large bowl, add the butter, sift in the cacao powder, and add the vanilla, and mix with an electric or hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Alternate between adding sifted powdered sugar and plant-based milk to the bowl, until well combined. Using a spatula, fold in the melted chocolate, make sure to let it cool off a little bit before adding..
- Once your cake is done baking, let it cool off for 10 minutes in the cake pan before transferring to a cooling rack to let it cool off completely. If you like, you can level your cake with a serrated knife to create a flat surface for stacking the cakes on top of each other..
- Using a spatula or butter knife, spread out a thick layer of frosting on one of the cakes. Place the second cake on top and frost with the leftover frosting, you can even create a pattern if you like. Decorate the chocolate cake with berries of your choice and some mint leaves, and enjoy!.
- Notes Storage: best if enjoyed immediately. The cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Variations: top the cake with any fruits of your choice, or add some nuts for example..
Hundreds of readers have loved this moist fluffy vegan chocolate cake. It's egg free and dairy free. Richard says: "A classic, two-layer vegan chocolate cake, sandwiched and topped with light, fluffy vegan chocolate buttercream. Make our easy vegan chocolate sponge for a special occasion using dairy substitutes. Put all of the other cake ingredients into a large bowl, pour over the milk mixture and beat well until smooth.