Vegan Spring roll. I also use bean sprouts and all organic ingredients. Fresh and colorful vegan spring rolls made with rice paper wraps. Fun, filling, veggie-packed and served with the best peanut sauce ever!
While almost all spring roll wrappers are vegan, not all filling is. That's because many of the traditional dishes from Vietnam contain animal products. The same is true for spring rolls fillings. You can have Vegan Spring roll using 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Spring roll
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of sesame oil or any oil.
- Prepare 2.5 cups of shredded cabbage.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded carrots.
- It’s 1/3 cup of thinly sliced green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of finely chopped celery (optional).
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of bean sprouts (optional).
- It’s 2-3 tablespoon of chopped spring onion greens.
- It’s of salt as required.
- Prepare of oil for deep frying.
- Prepare 6 tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 4-5 tablespoon of water or add as required to make a thick paste.
- Prepare 24-30 of spring roll sheet.
One of the most popular spring roll fillings in the USA contains beef of different kinds. To make Vegan Baked Spring Rolls: in a large skillet or frying pan, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add the cabbage, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, garlic, and ginger. Fresh vegetarian spring rolls are a quick, no-cook meal and are surprisingly easy to make.
Vegan Spring roll instructions
- Chop the veggies in thin long strips. for cabbage and carrot, you can shred them.. chopping takes time, so you can also use a food processor to chop the veggies..
- Now heat 2 tbsp sesame oil in a wok or kadai. keep the flame on medium intensity.
- Please note you can use your choice of veggies..
- Stir and then add all the veggies.
- Increase the flame to high and stir fry the veggies for 4 to 5 minutes on a high flame. then add 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper powder and 1 tsp finely chopped celery (optional)..
- Add 1 tbsp soy sauce. both black pepper and soy sauce can be adjusted as per your taste..
- Stir everything very well.
- Season with salt. add less salt as soy sauce already has salt. stir again very well. the filling has to be dry..
- Stir and keep the filling aside. let it cool down..
- Preparing sealing paste: in a bowl, mix 6 tbsp all purpose flour or corn starch and 4 to 5 tbsp water. i used all purpose flour. stir very well to make a thick paste without any lumps..
- Now take the spring roll wrapper..
- Now with your fingertip, apply the paste on the edges of the wrapper. then place 1 tbsp of the veggie stuffing on one side..
- Edges facing down on a plate. your hands will become messy when stuffing the spring rolls..
- Heat oil at the deep frying.
- Depending on the size of the pan or kadai, you can fry 2 to 3 veg spring rolls at a time.
- Once they become light golden, turn them over and fry the other side.
- Drain fried veg spring rolls on kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil..
- Serve the spring rolls hot with red chilli sauce or tomato ketchup.
Spring rolls can be filled with just about anything, but this all-vegan recipe keeps it simple with your choice of noodles, thinly chopped cabbage, green onions, and bean sprouts with just a touch of Asian-inspired and Thai-inspired flavors―lime juice and soy sauce―to tie it all together. Easy Vegan Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce. Rice paper Fresh Rolls with Marinated Tofu and Peanut Dipping Sauce. Can be Nutfree with Sunbutter or Sweet Chili sauce. These refreshing fresh rolls are perfect for the warm weather.