16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style. Vegan Thai green curry is a classic Thai crowd pleaser prepared without any animal products yet with the depth of flavour of the original. Meanwhile, here is my take on Thai green curry. I've had trouble finding fish-less green curry paste so I've decided to make my own, especially that things like.
We once took a holiday where the only vegan thing available to eat was vegan Thai green curry. So we pretty much ate nothing but green curry. We have been hooked on this recipe because it's SO easy to make and great to make in large batches to meal prep for the week. You can have 16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style
- It’s of For the paste.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 1 of thumb sized turmeric root.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of shrimp paste (leave out if vegan).
- You need 2 of Thai green chillies (or more if you like it hot).
- You need 2 inch (5 cm) of piece of galangal or ginger.
- Prepare 2 sticks of lemongrass, outer tough leaves removed.
- It’s 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 4 of spring onions.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- It’s 1 of onion peeled and chopped.
- It’s 4 tbsps of coconut milk from a 14oz (400ml) can.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of oil – cold-pressed rapeseed with lemongrass, ginger and chilli.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions, peeled and finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 of aubergine, cubed.
- You need of remainder of the can of coconut milk.
- You need 4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 40 g of cashew nuts.
- It’s 1/2 (1 bunch) of coriander.
- It’s of juice of 1/2 lime.
- You need of To serve.
- It’s of Jasmine rice.
This vegan Thai green curry is rich, creamy and full of bold flavours. For this Thai green curry, I experimented with frying in coconut milk for the first time. To do this you heat high-fat coconut milk/coconut cream over high heat until it bubbles and the clear coconut oil separates from the white. Try our super quick vegan Thai green curry with butternut squash.
16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style instructions
- Roughly chop all the ingredients for the paste and place in a pestle and mortar and bash away. Add 4 tablespoons of the coconut milk and continue to grind until you have a paste. If pounding isn't your thing, place in a food processor and blend..
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onions for 3-4 minutes until soft..
- Add the sweet potato and aubergine chunks and cook for a further 5 minutes until they start to soften..
- Add the paste and continue to cook for 5 minutes..
- Add the lime leaves and the coconut milk and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are soft..
- Roughly chop the cashew nuts and coriander and add to the sauce with a squeeze of lime..
- Serve with jasmine rice..
Creamy, delicately spiced Thai-style curry is a crowd-pleaser. Serve it over brown rice for a hearty meal! If you've tried this Vegan Thai Green Curry Recipe then don't forget to rate the recipe! This Vegan Thai Green Curry is fragrant, creamy and super nutritious! It makes the best quick and easy yet healthy dinner.