South Indian Green Beans – vegan. Green Bean Poriyal (Indian coconut stir fry) – www.foodess.com. Poriyal, also known as thoran, is a South Indian coconut stir fry made with green beans or other veggies. It is one of my favourite food memories from our trips to beautiful Kerala, hubby Adarsh's motherland.
In my opinion, eating green beans is also an excellent way to start eating vegan. So if you're looking for a new healthy instant pot recipe, an easy vegan Indian curry to add to your dinner rotations, or an excuse to try yard long beans for the first time, whip up this dry Indian green bean curry with potatoes! It's filling, healthy, gluten-free, and the perfect vegetable dish. You can cook South Indian Green Beans – vegan using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of South Indian Green Beans – vegan
- Prepare 1 cup of / 150g green bean, chopped into 2-3cm long pieces.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1/2 can of coconut milk, light.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of creamed coconut, grated – optional.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 of curry leaves.
Enjoy it with some cooked rice, pulao, naan, or fresh roti, and serve it with a side of. An authentic South Indian curry incorporating traditional spices including dried whole red chillies, fenugreek seeds, coriander and turmeric. The twist on the traditional sambar is the addition of cauliflower and green beans roasted in turmeric and black onion seeds. This is a recipe from the cookbook From Curries to Kabobs: Recipes from the Indian Spice Trail by Madhur Jaffrey.
South Indian Green Beans – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium heat..
- Add mustard seeds..
- When they begin to pop, add all the spices. Saute for 1-2 minutes..
- Add coconut milk and grated coconut if using. Add the salt. Simmer for a couple of minutes til the sauce thickens..
- Add the beans. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until the beans are cooked but still have a bit of crunch..
- Serve as a side dish or with basmati rice for a simple meal. Enjoy!.
She says that the seasonings here are typical of India's southeastern coast. It makes a perfect side dish along with Indian meals of boiled rice and Mixed Vegetable Sambar to make a wholesome meal. Have a look at other Green beans recipes Green Beans in Pomegranate Cream Sauce Recipe Thai Stir Fried Green Beans Recipe Carrot. Aloo beans or aloo phali ki sabzi is a mildly spicy curry made of french beans cooked with potatoes. This dry mix vegetable is a quick and easy recipe which can be made when you are short of time.