My homemade masala chai tea – can be vegan. Meet one of my favorite things to drink…Masala Chai. Just as I shared in my Instagram stories earlier this week and that I stated yesterday on Instagram this was coming, you all were messaging for me to share my recipe, so here it is! I am a lover of all things spice-related.
Remove from the heat, strain, and serve immediately. A warming drink that is ubiquitous all over India, masala chai is a blend of bold black tea and various aromatic spices. I've also included a recipe for the tea and spice mixture that will allow you to make this delicious Vegan Masala Chai in a matter of minutes. You can cook My homemade masala chai tea – can be vegan using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My homemade masala chai tea – can be vegan
- It’s 1 of mug milk of your choice – if you’re using a plant-based milk, use unsweetened.
- It’s 1/4 of mug water.
- Prepare 5 of green cardamom pods, crushed.
- Prepare of couple of grinds of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 3 of cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of strong black tea powder or 1 black strong tea bag.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of sweetener of choice; i use palmyra jaggery (SugaVida in the UK) – an unrefined sugar with quite a few nutritional benefits; honey also works if you can eat honey.
Once hot, add the spice mixture + tea leaves + sugar and bring it to a boil. Using a strainer, pour the tea into a serving cup(s). Masala Chai was the last of the non-vegan foods to be eliminated from our diet. Hubbs and me both grew up guzzling cups of chai every morning with breakfast.
My homemade masala chai tea – can be vegan instructions
- Add the milk and water to a pan. Turn the heat on low..
- Add the cardamom, pepper, ginger, cloves and tea immediately and leave to simmer for 10-15 mins..
- Add the cinnamon and sugar and simmer for another 5 mins..
- Strain and enjoy 😋.
It would be mostly milk and lightly flavored with tea till we hit the teens, then it was small cups every now then with friends, every time we visited anyone, at evening hang outs, in the. A good vegan masala chai recipe, that is. It's one of my favourite hot beverages so I'm excited to share this will you all! This is the first Indian-ish recipe on this blog. It's the first drinks recipe too.