Vegan Hearty Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole.
You can cook Vegan Hearty Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Hearty Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh broccoli peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 box of Organic mushrooms sliced.
- You need 1 bunch of Organic celery, chopped.
- It’s 5 clove of Green Onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 small of jar chopped pimentos, + 3 tbs chopped garlic.
- You need 2 cup of Long grain brown 20 minute rice.
- It’s 4 cup of Water as needed (see directions).
- It’s 1 cup of White wine.
- Prepare of No cheese sauce.
- You need 1 of Red bell pepper seeded & chopped.
- Prepare 1 medium of sweet white onion, chopped into chunks.
- You need 1 cup of Nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 1/4 cup of Cashews.
- You need 1 of Salt to season.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 3 cup of Crushed cracker crumbs (I prefer rice crackers).
- It’s 1 oz of Poppy seeds.
- Prepare 1 packages of Toasted sea salt sliced almonds.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Salt to taste.
Vegan Hearty Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole instructions
- Begin with a large deep sauté pan or Dutch oven. Put about 2 tbs of olive oil in pan on medium heat. Sauté green onion, broccoli, celery, mushrooms, garlic & pimento all together for 5 minutes. Add 2 cups water, cover & sauté 5 more minutes. Add wine and rice. Simmer 10 minutes and evaluate moisture level. You want the consistency to be wet to allow rice to absorb when the mixture goes into casserole to bake. Use your judgement to determine if you need to add the remaining water during this 10 minute cook time. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- While the casserole mixture is at a low heat simmer, begin your no cheese sauce..
- No Cheese Sauce: place the red bell pepper, the sweet onion, the cashews, and the nutritional yeast, salt, & water into a vitamix or other high speed food processor. Mix for approximately 2 minutes at high speed..
- Add the No cheese sauce to the casserole mixture. Remove from heat and stir mixture together evenly..
- Scoop the casserole mixture into a large glass Pyrex casserole dish..
- Prepare Topping: crush enough of your favorite crackers to have 3 heaping cups. I like to toss them into a large ziplock bag and crush to a crumb texture. Pour into a bowl. Add sliced almonds, poppy seeds, and olive oil. Add salt to taste..
- Spoon and spread topping over top of casserole. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F..