Sweetcorn chowder (vegan). This healthy vegan corn chowder is super creamy, rich, and comforting. This easy corn chowder recipe is loaded with healthy produce which I love. It contains sweet corn, fresh from the cob, potatoes, red bell pepper, celery, and garlic.
Grab some chunks of baguette Add the corn and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Season and reduce the heat, simmering until. This easy vegan corn chowder is cozy and delicious! You can cook Sweetcorn chowder (vegan) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweetcorn chowder (vegan)
- It’s 1 of large leek, sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp. of rice bran oil (or other preferred oil).
- Prepare 1 of medium potato (150g,peeled and chopped).
- You need 1 of garlic clove, crushed.
- Prepare of chilli flakes (optional).
- It’s half of a yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped.
- Prepare half of a courgette, finely diced.
- You need 300 g of frozen sweetcorn.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 litre of vegetable stock (I used bouillon).
- It’s 200 ml of canned coconut milk.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Toasted almonds (optional).
Blended corn, potatoes, and coconut milk make it rich and creamy, while This easy vegan corn chowder recipe is one of our all-time favorite soups! Smoky, sweet & creamy, it's destined for your regular. Hearty, smoky, sweet and spicy Vegan Corn Chowder is comfort food that everyone loves. Easy to make with just a few simple ingredients!
Sweetcorn chowder (vegan) instructions
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the leek, garlic, yellow pepper and courgette. Gently fry until soft (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the potato and sweetcorn and stir well..
- Add the stock, coconut milk, chilli flakes (if using) and smoked paprika. Bring to the boil and simmer on low whilst partially covered with a lid. Cook for about 25 minutes or until the potato pieces are cooked through..
- Add half a teaspoon salt (or to taste – you may need slightly more or less depending on preference).
- Blend with a hand blender. Alternatively, you can remove a cup of soup before blending and replace after the rest has been blitzed. I blended all of mine and passed it through a sieve as I wanted to make sure there were no "bits" that my children could complain about! This really isn't necessary though if you don't have picky eaters..
- Sprinkle a baking try with a handful of flaked almonds and toast under a hot grill for a few minutes – keep an eye on them as they can suddenly brown very quickly! Sprinkle them on your lovely soup and enjoy:) Alternatively you could serve this with my "no waiting" wholemeal bread which could be in the oven whilst this soup cooks on the stove!.
I've also found that adding Yukon Gold along with sweet potatoes balances the chowder's sweetness. This tasty sweetcorn chowder is like a thick and chunky soup. Add the sweetcorn, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and smoked paprika, and heat through if necessary to warm up. Even your non-vegan friends will love this rich vegetable chowder, chock-full of sweet potatoes, corn, and savory seasonings. This warm chowder will make you feel sweet and full at the same time.