Carrot top and red lentil dal – vegan. Red Lentil Carrot Soup Recipe – Healthy red lentil soup with carrots, tomato, ginger & spiced with red curry. A vegan & gluten-free lentil soup with flavor. Simmer until lentils are cooked to a thick consistency.
The recipe is prepared in one pot and is very easy to make. This blog post is kindly sponsored by SUNFOOD, all thoughts and opinions are my own. One Pot Lentil Dal with carrots. You can have Carrot top and red lentil dal – vegan using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot top and red lentil dal – vegan
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 2 cm of chunk of ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils, rinsed well.
- It’s 1 cup of carrot tops, chopped well.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need of Generous pinch of salt.
- It’s of Generous pinch of chilli flakes.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
Some people call it dal, dhal, dahl or daal. Red and purple carrots are rich in anthocyanin, and in yellow carrots, about half of the total carotenoids come from lutein. This Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup is packed with protein thanks to the addition of red lentils! Carrot top and red lentil dal – vegan step-by-step.
Carrot top and red lentil dal – vegan instructions
- Heat the oil on a medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook for a few minutes..
- Add the garlic and ginger. Sauté for 5-10 mins..
- Add the lentils, carrot tops, turmeric, salt and chilli..
- Add the water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20-25 mins. 5 mins before it’s done… stir through the garam masala..
- When it’s ready, stir through the lemon juice and enjoy 😋.
Heat the oil on a medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook for a few minutes. This Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup is packed with protein thanks to the addition of red lentils! It's a healthy recipe with warming spices that's easy to make in your Instant Pot, Crockpot, or on the stove top (instructions are included for all three!). Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onions, crushed garlic and minced ginger and sauté until the onions are softened.