Vegan omelets. Whether you spell it omelette or omelet, the main thing is that this omelet is made without eggs and or the typical vegan substitute; chickpea flour (yuck)! I've created the BEST vegan omelet recipe. Tofu and hummus provide a sturdy base, and nutritional yeast and spices add tons of flavor.
Light and fluffy vegan omelette served with sautéed mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, vegan cheese and vegan sausage for a fabulous vegan breakfast of champions. Home » Vegan Breakfast Recipes » Vegan Omelette. No one will believe there are no eggs in this vegan omelette! You can cook Vegan omelets using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan omelets
- It’s 6 tablespoons of chickpea flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt pinch of ground black pepper.
- You need As needed of water.
- You need 2 of medium onions.
- You need 1/2 cup of coriander leaves or cilantro.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of oil.
Vegan omelets are one of my favorite quick breakfasts to throw together, and most of the time I don't even follow a recipe. That's why I decided not to post a recipe for a vegan omelet, but a quick guide. It's essential to use a truly non-stick skillet to make the omelet come out of the pan intact. Be sure to oil it and have it hot before you pour the batter into.
Vegan omelets step by step
- Mix chickpea flour with salt and pepper. Add water and mix until you have a creamy omelette batter. Add thinly sliced onions and chopped herbs. Mix everything together..
- Heat up some oil on a smaller pan. Scoop all the batter onto the pan and spread it out with a spoon so you have a nice round omelette..
- Cook for a few minutes(don’t cover the pan with a lid!). Flip the omelette over (use a thin spatula) and cook for a couple more minutes..
- Remove the heat. Let it cool a little bit, cut it and serve.
Vegan Omelet with Delicious Breakfast Potatoes. Mung Bean egg mixture makes a great soy-free egg substitute. Easy Moong Dal Batter for omelets or savory pancakes. This wonderful egg-free vegan omelette is easy to make and good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Get the recipe here and try it tonight!