Minestrone soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Minestrone (/ˌmɪnɪsˈtroʊni/; Italian: [mineˈstroːne]) is a thick soup of Italian origin made with vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice, sometimes both.
Minestrone Soup is the sort of soup that keeps life interesting – it's filled to the brim with a variety of vegetables, potato, beans and pasta, in a. The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. Vegetarian minestrone soup packed with veggies like celery, carrots, green beans and spinach and simmered in a flavorful, Italian seasoned tomato broth. You can have Minestrone soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Minestrone soup
- Prepare of some butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1-2 cups of other vegetables eg squash, sweet potato, leeks..
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need Bunch of fresh thyme, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 500-750 ml of vegan/ veggie stock.
- You need 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained.
- Prepare Handful of kale/ cavolo nero, roughly shredded.
- You need 1-2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves, roughly shredded.
- It’s 2-3 handfuls of cooked pasta.
- Prepare of Parmesan/ veggie parmesan, grated.
Make a warming bowl of minestrone soup with plenty of vegetables and pasta. These simple yet versatile recipes are perfect for an easy lunch or filling supper. Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale. To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you honestly won't miss it with everything else in this soup.
Minestrone soup instructions
- Heat the butter in a oan (with a lid for later). Add the onion and fry for about 10 mins until soft. inion then carrots celery.
- Add the carrots and celery. Cook until starting to go tender..
- Add the other vegetables (not the greens)..
- Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for 2-3 mins..
- Add tomatoes and stock. Put the lid on. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins..
- Add the beans and simmer for 5 mins with lid off..
- Stir in greens for about 2 mins..
- And then stir in the basil and pasta..
- Serve with grated parmesan/ other cheese. Enjoy 😋.
Minestrone soup cooks in one pot with a vegetable broth tomato base and then loaded with fresh vegetables, beans, and tender small shell pasta. This is honestly the best Minestrone Soup! Minestrone is a classic Italian soup made with vegetables and often beans and pasta. Here are minestrone soup recipes for any season – fresh green vegetables in spring or hearty beans in winter. Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is the perfect hearty meal to warm you up.