Easy Alfredo Sauce(With Mushroom Broccoli Fettuccine)-Oil Free, Vegan.
You can have Easy Alfredo Sauce(With Mushroom Broccoli Fettuccine)-Oil Free, Vegan using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Alfredo Sauce(With Mushroom Broccoli Fettuccine)-Oil Free, Vegan
- You need of Sauce :.
- You need 1 of avocado.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk (liquid from can; see note).
- You need 1 can of chickpeas.
- You need to taste of salt pepper &.
- Prepare of water as needed.
- You need of Pasta :.
- You need 1 package of fettuccine pasta.
- You need 1 of yellow onion , diced.
- You need 1 package of portobello mushroom (8oz), sliced.
- Prepare 2 cups of broccoli , chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic , minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- It’s Handful of greens(optional).
Easy Alfredo Sauce(With Mushroom Broccoli Fettuccine)-Oil Free, Vegan step by step
- *Note-refrigerate coconut milk overnight or for a few hours to seperate the solid from the liquid: we're only using the liquid at the bottom in this recipe. Save the cream at the top for creamy smoothies, sauces, to replace butter in baked goods, or even whip it with sugar and vanilla to create vegan whipped cream!**.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Afterwards, strain and return to the pot it was boiled in add a touch of oil to prevent sticking..
- While the pasta is cooking, first dice the onions and mince the garlic(it is important to let garlic and onions rest for 10 minutes before being cooked to release a cancer-preventing property. Chop Broccoli into small florets. (Tip: instead of wasting the nutrient-packed stem, make sure to grab as much stem as possible when breaking the florets, you can slice much of the stem off to create smaller florets. This will add more fiber/nutrients and offer extra deliciousness in your pasta. Use the….
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, add water to your desired consistency..
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Once hot add mushrooms and onions with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until onion is translucent and liquid has been released, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and broccoli, continue cooking for about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and add to pasta as well as Alfredo sauce. Stir well, reheat everything at medium heat for about a minute and serve over green leaves for extra nutrients(optional)!.