Korma Soupra (vegan). Perhaps November makes you think of classic comfort foods like mashed potatoes, stew, and meatloaf. Add the potatoes to a medium-sized pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Check out another of our basmati recipes with our vegan biryani recipe with jackfruit.
Great recipe for Korma Soupra (vegan). Sweet potato and ginger curry soup, for people with colds. The Vegan Navratan Korma Recipe is a rich gravy with vegetables, fruit, dry fruits and nuts with a delicate flavour and richness from all the nut paste and creamy yogurt. You can cook Korma Soupra (vegan) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Korma Soupra (vegan)
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of thumb sized chunk ginger.
- You need 4 of big sweet potatoes.
- You need 2 cups of uncooked rice.
- You need 1 handful of fresh coriander leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of finger chilli.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
This is a great dish to make when you have special guests or when you are in a mood to pamper your family. Serve the Vegan Navratan Korma along with a Paneer Pulao with Green Peas and Tadka Raita Recipe. How to make vegan tofu korma: The key to any good korma is a flavourful korma paste. This is made up of red onion, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garam masala, turmeric, ground cumin, ground cardamom, cinnamon and chilli.
Korma Soupra (vegan) instructions
- Chop the onion as finely as you can and fry it in a little oil or margerine with the ground spices. Also chop the garlic and ginger then add those for the last minute..
- Peel and cube the sweet potato, then add it to the pot with the rice and enough boiled water to cover them. Leave to simmer for 15mins..
- When you can easily smoosh the potato against the inside of the pan with a spoon, mash with a masher or blender if you prefer..
- In a small frying pan, heat some oil and then drop the cumin seeds and chilli in there for about 30seconds, until the cumin seeds are jumping and popping about. Put them straight onto a piece of kitchen roll to soak the oil..
- Add the thick part of the coconut milk, the cumin seeds and chilli, and the fresh coriander, then it’s ready to serve! If it’s too thick, then add a bit of the water from the can of coconut milk and stir it in..
Vegan korma curry We've used butternut squash and soaked cashew nuts to create a creamy sauce without the dairy. Add the cashews and coconut milk to a blender and blend until very smooth. Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, minced ginger, curry powder, cumin, coriander powder, cinnamon, turmeric, cardamom, ground cloves and fennel and sauté until onions are softened. This vegetable packed slow cooker korma screams comfort without the need for added fats, oils or sugars- Paleo, Vegan and gluten free- So flavourful and filling, you won't even miss the meat! Living in one of the most expensive cities in the world can have it's perks but at the same time, can have it's downsides.