Vegan omelette. Whether you spell it omelette or omelet, the main thing is that this omelet is made without eggs and or the typical vegan substitute; chickpea flour (yuck)! I've created the BEST vegan omelet recipe, and. Light and fluffy vegan omelette served with sautéed mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, vegan cheese and vegan sausage for a fabulous vegan breakfast of champions.
Tofu and hummus provide a sturdy base, and nutritional yeast and spices add tons of flavor. However you want to spell it this Vegan Chickpea Omelet isn't made from eggs (technically that makes it a non-omelet but you get the point). It's essential to use a truly non-stick skillet to make the omelet come out of the pan intact. You can cook Vegan omelette using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan omelette
- Prepare 1 (300 g) of Pack silken tofu.
- You need 300 g of any raw mixed vegetables-broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, spring onion, mushroom etc.
- Prepare of Oil for frying (or FryLight).
- You need 1 teaspoon of Onion powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Cornflour slurry (1 heaped teaspoon & a bit of cold water).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
Be sure to oil it and have it hot before you pour the batter into the pan. Light and fluffy vegan omelette with deep, earthy chickpea flavour, stuffed to bursting with delicious sautéed vegetables & cashew cheese. By now you have probably heard all about Aquafaba. Omelettes that'll have you om-nom-noming for days!
Vegan omelette instructions
- Fry the chopped mixed vegetables gently until soft.
- Blend the tofu & other ingredients until mixed and smooth. Add a little water if it’s too stiff but you want it quite thick. Taste and season as desired..
- Spread the tofu mixture into 4 silicone moulds, that are lightly greased. Then add the mixed vegetables pressing them into the tofu..
- Bake on 160° C for about 50-60 minutes until firm. Turn out onto a plate and serve with buttered toast or spicy beans. Enjoy!! 😀.
I tried the omelettes on a cast-iron pan and a stainless steel pan. Maybe I'm just crap at cooking but with both pans, the omelettes stuck 🙁. Think going vegan means no more omelets for breakfast? Our simple tutorial will show you how easy it is to make a vegan omelet. They say you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.