Vegan chocolate cake. This really is the best chocolate cake ever, vegan or otherwise. A simple vegan chocolate cake, made with basic ingredients and perfect for any occasion. This vegan cake is a good recipe to have on hand any time you need to make a basic chocolate cake.
Not only is it super easy to make, but I'm actually convinced it is flop proof! This may be the healthiest cake I've made, but you'd never know it by eating it. It's perfectly moist with a rich dark chocolate flavor that's made even richer with a thick. You can have Vegan chocolate cake using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan chocolate cake
- It’s of Cake.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Distilled or white apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water.
- You need of Glaze.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of Margarine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
This easy to make gluten free chocolate cake might become your new favorite dessert because it's fudgy, moist, rich, and so chocolaty! While the cakes cool prepare the frosting. Add vegan butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla. This BEST vegan chocolate cake recipe is quick and easy with no unusual ingredients.
Vegan chocolate cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In an 8X8 square pan/dish, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt with a fork, making sure it is really blended together. Add the water, vanilla, oil, and vinegar, and again, mix together so that it's really blended together. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides if necessary..
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool on a rack completely (2 hours). Seriously, wait 2 hours, or it will collapse in the centre..
- For the glaze, in a small saucepan, bring sugar, margarine, milk, and cocoa to a boil. Stir frequently; then reduce heat to a simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. It'll look gloppy, but it's just the bubbles! Remove from heat and stir for another 5 minutes..
- Add vanilla, stir, and immediately pour onto cake. Glaze dries really quickly, so spread it immediately and add any sprinkles now. Let this cool for an 1 hour, if you can wait that long!.
Hundreds of readers have loved this moist fluffy vegan chocolate cake. It's egg free and dairy free. Richard says: "A classic, two-layer vegan chocolate cake, sandwiched and topped with light, fluffy vegan chocolate buttercream. Make our easy vegan chocolate sponge for a special occasion using dairy substitutes. Put all of the other cake ingredients into a large bowl, pour over the milk mixture and beat well until smooth.