16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style. I typically associate green curry with chicken but I had a guest for dinner who's vegan so I had a rummage through my kitchen and this recipe sort of fell together. I want to warn you all. Although green curry can be made as a vegan recipe, store-bought green curry paste "may not" be vegan-friendly (cuz one of the every Thai curry paste ingredients is shrimp paste).
A must try recipe for every foodie. Generally, our comfort food is something which we grew up eating – something which was cooked for us by our parents or grandparents and reminds us of their soothing affection. This quick & easy recipe is oil-free and perfect for a busy weeknight. You can cook 16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style
- Prepare of For the paste.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 1 of thumb sized turmeric root.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of shrimp paste (leave out if vegan).
- Prepare 2 of Thai green chillies (or more if you like it hot).
- Prepare 2 inch (5 cm) of piece of galangal or ginger.
- It’s 2 sticks of lemongrass, outer tough leaves removed.
- You need 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 4 of spring onions.
- You need of For the sauce.
- Prepare 1 of onion peeled and chopped.
- It’s 4 tbsps of coconut milk from a 14oz (400ml) can.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of oil – cold-pressed rapeseed with lemongrass, ginger and chilli.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 of aubergine, cubed.
- You need of remainder of the can of coconut milk.
- It’s 4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 40 g of cashew nuts.
- You need 1/2 (1 bunch) of coriander.
- You need of juice of 1/2 lime.
- You need of To serve.
- Prepare of Jasmine rice.
This Green Thai Curry is a great dish to rustle out on weeknights – so much better than a takeout! Make it from a store bought curry paste or with homemade paste, either-ways your green curry is going to be fabulous with steamed rice. THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE As it is for many people, Thai green curry was my introduction to Thai cuisine and it's still one of my firm favourites. This comparatively mild and herbaceous curry is a Thai restaurant menu staple for a reason – you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't like its gorgeous, well rounded flavours – spiciness soothed by cooling coconut and set against the freshness of coriander.
16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style instructions
- Roughly chop all the ingredients for the paste and place in a pestle and mortar and bash away. Add 4 tablespoons of the coconut milk and continue to grind until you have a paste. If pounding isn't your thing, place in a food processor and blend..
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onions for 3-4 minutes until soft..
- Add the sweet potato and aubergine chunks and cook for a further 5 minutes until they start to soften..
- Add the paste and continue to cook for 5 minutes..
- Add the lime leaves and the coconut milk and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are soft..
- Roughly chop the cashew nuts and coriander and add to the sauce with a squeeze of lime..
- Serve with jasmine rice..
The creation of this Easy Vegetarian Green Thai Curry recipe, and it's accompanying post has been (from a writer's perspective) one of our very most interesting to date. When we first started HurryTheFoodUp waaaaay back in the day (last year) we made a simple mantra we wanted to follow. Our recipes had to be quick, tasty, healthy and meat-free. Get your kids helping out in the kitchen with this child-friendly vegan Thai green curry. It's simple enough for weeknight dinners and just as good as a restaurant!