Vegan peanut stew. Peanut stew is a staple food of Western Africa. The actual African name of this insanely tasty stew is This is my vegan version of a quick and easy, one-pot peanut stew containing commonly used. It is packed with vegetables, kidney beans, spices and flavour.
This deliciously creamy and rich Vegan Peanut Stew makes for a warm and comforting weeknight meal. This Vegan Gambian Peanut Stew is vegan, gluten-free, and plant-forward, but it tastes like comfort food! Packed with hearty ingredients like protein-rich white beans, sweet potatoes, and kale, it's a. You can have Vegan peanut stew using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan peanut stew
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 20 pods of okra, slice lengthways.
- It’s 5 of mini aubergines, cubed.
- You need 2 of tblsp grated ginger.
- Prepare 2 of green chilli.
- You need 1 of large sweet potato, cubed.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes, pureed.
- Prepare 2 of tblsp tomato puree.
- You need .75 cup of smooth peanut butter.
- Prepare .5 cup of peanuts.
- You need 5 cups of veg stock.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of fenugreek.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Harrissa paste.
This vegan main dish recipe for an intensely flavored, African-inspired peanut stew comes out perfectly in the Instant Pot®. This vegan African Peanut Stew is like eating a hot, bubbling pot of peanut butter with delicious veggies dunked inside. Moroccan Harissa paste adds spice and sass. This West African peanut stew is a healthy recipe that is vegan, gluten-free and grain-free!
Vegan peanut stew instructions
- Sauté onion in a very large pan in a splash of oil over medium heat.
- Add spices, chilli and tomato puree and stir until purée is nearly dry.
- Add tomatoes, peanut butter and stock and stir.
- Add veg and peanuts and bring to the boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 30-mins.
- Stir in harissa paste a little at a time until you have the heat/spice you like.
- Serve with cous cous, quinoa or rice.
You'll love how easy to is to make! Rachel Ama's recipe for Peanut Stew is a flavour-packed vegan dish from Sierra Leone. Filled with fresh and delicious veggies and a good kick of chilli, it's a comforting, crowd-pleasing dish. · One-Pot African Peanut Stew- a warm and comforting meal that's super easy to make. Vegan and gluten-free with oil-free option! I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day.