Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan. Chunky Chickpea and Sweet Potato Stew [Vegan, Gluten-Free]One Green Planet. celery stalks, water, vegan Worcestershire sauce, rice. Today we are making this cozy sweet potato and chickpea stew! It is made of simple ingredients that you can find either in your pantry or your local grocery.
Serve the stew over mashed sweet potatoes. Garnish with fresh herbs and black pepper. You can also add toasted breadcrumbs and olive oil garnish. You can have Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium-large onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 500-700 ml of vegan stock.
- You need 2-3 cups of chopped vegetables eg squash, carrots, sweet potato.
- You need 1/4 of cup/ handful chopped dried apricots.
- Prepare of Optional: 1-2 cups cooked white beans or chickpeas; add 5-10 mins before the cavolo nero.
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lemon + zest.
- Prepare A few of handfuls of cavolo nero or baby kale, torn into pieces.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
I added butternut squash and lemon and had roasted potatoes instead of mashed sweet potatoes. I like this stew with a bit of heat so I add red We've made this a few times now and love it. Sometimes I add other veggies like carrots and. Adjust the taste of the stew and serve it with brown rice.
Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Sauté the onion for about 10mins until translucent..
- Add the garlic, celery and spices. Sauté for a couple of mins..
- Add the stock and vinegar. (I added a bit too much stock today; start with 500ml and see how it goes.).
- Add the vegetables and apricots. Cover and simmer for about 40 mins (until the vegetables are tender)..
- Add the lemon juice. Taste and season. Then add the cavolo nero. Cover. Take the pot off the heat. The greens will steam on top of the stew. After a couple of mins, it’s ready to serve..
- Serve with your grain of choice/ on its own with some lemon zest grated on top. Enjoy 😋.
I love coming up with delicious simple vegan recipes. I started Vegan.io to make it as easy as possible for you to stick to a. Quick and easy healthy carrot and sweet potato fritters that can be vegan and made without egg. It also doesn't matter if you have white sweet potatoes or orange sweet potatoes – there's delicious all the same! Educational, informative, interesting and by the way, what are stewed green peaches??